Planted 20 G Tank

ckmullin

I threw this tank together just under a month back for the purpose of having cherry shrimp. They always get lost in the larger 75g so I figure I'd be able to view them a lot easier.

It has a Coralife dual 24w t5ho fixture with a small Fluval underwater filter and a small heater. I do not fertilize but do provide a bit of Liquid CO2 from time to time. I'm using a soil substrate base layer that I sell along with a nutrient rich gravel as a top-cap which I also carry. I'm extremely impressed with the nutrient rich gravel (which has a higher nutrient content than Seachem's Flourite) as it's allowed the glosso and other plant to grow rapidly. I've already had multi trimmings from this tank. The total substrate height is roughly 5 inches (higher in the back) as I wanted to raise the ground cover plant so that it is closer to the light. There are roughly a dozen plant species in this tank.

There is no particular look I'm after just that I wanted a bit of wood with moss and a few other plant species. I have the philosophy of a natural growth planted tank than a purely manicured planted tank and this guy is shaping up quite well!

I'll add some pics of the shrimp when I see a good shot to be had.

260wjmq.jpg

Edited by ckmullin

Tanks, it's a fun project...so far!

Here is a shot of a berried mama. Funny thing though, some hatched or she dropped them mid stroll within the past few hours as she WAS quite full of egg. Have yet to see a baby.

2itl9j9.jpg

• 8 months later...