Crypt Plantlets And Swordplant Runners...

fishclubgirl

So I'm doing a little work on the tanks now that my place is not a gazillion degrees... and am checking on the latest propagations; runners from an echinodorus grandifolious(sp) and one of the german hybrid swords and runners from a crypt usteriana (cjjerrom, you need this plant and I'm trying to get a good one for you). Then I look into one of my tanks where I've had a crypt blassi "rosanveriq" for a year and half where it's done nothing but lo and behold, there's not one but 2 runners.... My name is "fishclubgirl" and I am a rare plantaholic....

Looking forward to seeing the sun change angles to see if my swords send runners again, sunlight hits the tank just right in fall and winter. This will give me enough time to work on hap sheet filling as well... Better get your green thumb polished because this newbie is going to catch up fast On a side note it was a shame to toss out a kitty litter bucket worth of stem plant trimmings but they had to go. The top of the tanks had 2-5 inches worth of plant matter at the top blocking all of the light.