Breeding Red Cherry Shrimp In Calgary Water

smmcgill

I'm so jealous of the hobbyists living in Calgary, as regards their water, compared to the water here in Edmonton, (with Chloramine).

I really HATE the idea of adding a chemical to the water, to get rid of a chemical in the water........

I remember the days when you just filled pails and let them sit overnight, and by morning you could use the water......but now I'm showing my age......LOL..........that belongs back in the days before submersible heaters, with incandescent light bulbs and chrome canopies, corner box filters with glass wool and charcoal, and 1 cory catfish per tank, (to clean up after everybody else !), .......who knew they lived in schools !!!...............

OMG,...........now I feel ancient !.................LMAO

Agreed about the no dechlorinator in Calgary water but like big water changes!! Saw a lecture by a fellow from TFH called "fish in a toilet" who advocated big water changes and I was sold.... As I don't use test kits, I don't worry about my water parameters(and it works for me..) As I have said before, we all find what works for us in this hobby and may do things differently. Leave your shrimp alone and make sure you have both sexes and I'm sure you'll have more!!