Nothobranchius Ranchovi Breeding

SuperGuppyGirl

So I have a pair in a 15G, sand bottom, live plants and a AC30. Heater set for tank at 78F. Now to breed these guys I was told to use a container of peat, with a hole in the lid. Sounded simple but forgot to ask what type of peat to use. I have a box of Fluval peat granules, are these okay to use? If so how do I store the eggs in the granules, just dump water and put in a ziplock? How long for storage do most do as online read everything from 3 months to 1 year. Also food recommendations? I've currently been feeding a brine shrimp flake (OSI) and every 3 day putting in frozen mysis or brine shrimp. Will this work to condition the female? Any thoughts, experiences, suggestions welcome.

use peat moss from the garden store, jiffy pellets (used to start seeds) are great, you add water, break the nylon wrap and dump the peat in your container. Add water, wait for it to drop to the bottom. Once the peat is at the bottom, add the container to the tank (I use glass containers and drill a hole in the rubber lid, this way they sink on their own). Very little peat moss should make its way out.

here is a good video