Ode To Avatar

Dadio

New to aquascaping and the wife made me do it lol...

So, here's the adventure of a 55g sitting in dust until...

Basically here's what my basement contains;

500 gallon custom made redwood cedar gallon wintering koi pond

55 gallon fancy goldfish (temporary setup - needs scaping and custom filtration which is in the works when i find the time lol)

15 gallon planted beta scape with glass tower which is 12 inches above water level. Real cool affect when Chico (got a real attitude this one lol) goes up it. (not seen in photo)

55 gallon Avatar aquascape with a variety of tetras, amano, cherry reds and a crystal red (yep, a crystal red and thriving in a non reverse osmosis), Mexican crayfish and a few others.
Rocks are a form of lace stone can't recall the exact name.
11 weeks old
Homemade Co2 (runs about 3 weeks before a recharge)

post-6816-0-15786700-1425529686_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the compliments. Most likely will move up to in the future, but the DIY I made is using 2 500ml aluminum bottles with a small clear air tight jar as a counter (reactor) and seems to work well from the growth so far. Cig filtre works great as a diffuser which is hidden in the rockscape below the lily pipe outflow. Added another graphic giving a bit of the journey. I'll upload a few others of the indoor pond, beta scape later on.

post-6816-0-43934600-1425539146_thumb.jpg