Hello

smurf341

hello fellow fish addicts! I am from medicine hat and keep dirted Planted tanks! Currently setting up a 250 Gallon wonderland themed tank and was hoping to find other hobbiests to trade plants with ect. There seems to be a lack of us in medicine hat!! I was snooping and saw fellow albertans talking about breeding honey gourami, and the plywood tank builds, and all the beautiful plants!! Paradise!!! Where in Alberta is everyone hiding?!

It's how to setup a tank like this which is the key. I've heard sooo many times that a tank with soil is a mud bowl that the water is always brown and always prone to algae. LOL

I'll put my dirt tanks crystal water against any other tank including that are bare bottom! heh

Very much agreed!! 1 day of being a little cloudy and then wayyyy more clear now then it ever was bare bottom! I had algae problems with low light, but enough plants and light and things run perfectly! I have bristle nose, cories, ottos, and will be filling the tank with shrimp once I have enough, so I don't forsee any problems!

• 2 weeks later...