Has Anyone Connected 2 Tanks Together?

TaylorM237

If you're going to be ending up cutting and gluing glass together anyway, why not just get the glass you need for a cube tank from a glass shop, or use old windows from one of the building recycling stores? You do not want a seam in the middle of a tank wall - only in the corners.

If you're going to be ending up cutting and gluing glass together anyway, why not just get the glass you need for a cube tank from a glass shop, or use old windows from one of the building recycling stores? You do not want a seam in the middle of a tank wall - only in the corners.

What cuts / thickness glass would I need for a;

Length: 21 inches

Width: 21 inches

Height: 15 inches

Gallons: 29 (28.64).

Edited by TaylorM237

If you Google "aquarium glass calculator" you'll find a page on garf.org that'll tell you everything you need. Seems 1/4" is good enough for that size tank

Don't use normal window glass that is 3mm that stuff chips so easy on the edges and corners. I've played that game and wished I didn't :p

I like making tanks with a "floating" bottom., meaning the sides are siliconed to the edges of the bottom pane. This means that you can make very minor adjustments up and down on the side panes to get the top edges to match just so. If the sides are sitting on the bottom pane, this is much harder.