Aquascaping Advice

WickedOdie

So thanks to Hung, I have purchased some of his plants today. I plan to plant them tomorrow when I do my weekly water change. I'm basically asking you guys what you think would look nice. I have some dwarf sag, hair grass, and other carpeting plants coming in this week sometime which i plant to place on the right hand side of the open tank for a carpet like effect, where my micro sword is currently growing.

post-6945-0-44620700-1441488989_thumb.jpg

Myriophyllum mattogrossense - I'm thinking about putting this beside my current redish brown version of Myriophyllum behind the driftwood and ludwigia granulosa

post-6945-0-64492400-1441488995_thumb.jpg

Echinodorus 'Vesuvius' - I was thinking about putting this to the left of the driftwood, there is some die off from the current plant that's there, not sure what it's called, but i plan to pull the dying stuff out which should leave some room for this.

post-6945-0-81740200-1441489011_thumb.jpg

Rotala Wallichii - I'm thinking about putting this to the left of the Myriophyllum that I'm adding to the tank. I'm thinking once it all gets growing it should blend well and make for an interesting background.

post-6945-0-91619100-1441489029_thumb.jpg

Alternanthera Rosaefoli - Is what I am lead to believe this is. I'm at a loss as to where to put this. I want to keep the focal point the drift wood, so if i was to put this to the right of the drift wood i'm thinking it will create another focal point and keep your eyes wandering. Any ideas would be nice. The tank is dirted, so I'd hate to rip a bunch of stuff out and muck up my tank.

Here is the tank itself.

post-6945-0-70738700-1441489505_thumb.jpg

For Myriophyllum i would spread them behind the red. Should be a background plant cause they grow like weeds.

For rotala wallachii i would put them in the middle where your red and yellow plant. Remove some yellow plants from the left so u have room for rotala. And place some rocks or wood in front of it.

And for the red plant place them on the right side where it looks empty.

For your carpet plants. I would use only one kind. I would go with hair grass.

Edited by Reytube