Ehemi Pro 3,s

laurensdad

I have 3 ehemi pro 3' about 5 years old I am having a hard time getting them to prime. After doing any work on them any one else with a problem any fixs. 2 of them have replacement top heads.due to a leak problem about 2/years ago.

After there up and working I avrage 6/to 8/

Months with out doing anything to them

I setup my first Pro 3 a few months back, and I too had a HELL of a time getting it to prime. The only thing that I came up with (and with the help of people here on AA) is that there is air somewhere, and its not allowing it to flow. I opened up the cap on the intake side where it comes over my tank, poured water in through a funnel and primed it 100,000,000 times. It eventually caught and has been running fine ever since. If I could, I would have forced water through it somehow using a hose. But all I had was the hydrostatic head of that full funnel exerting a small force of water.

Before I do maintenance on it, I close the valve off and it starts up fine even after major maintenance. I'm getting angry just thinking about trying to get it to prime last time.

Hope that helps a bit

Andrew