Fish time again!

kimmi7

Hello again! Back in the fish game. Picked up a display tank from Big Al's here in Edmonton. It's a 90 gallon bow front. Also had to grab a 6 gallon edge to jump right back in to the shrimps! Going with blue instead of yellows! Many things have changed! Look out for questions

20180301_172100.jpg

Welcome and nice to see a well-planted tank. I see a few small tetras, what are your plans regarding fish once the tank is settled in.

My plans right now are to help the plants recover. We are dealing with some algae issues. There has been a couple extra pleco's added (L114 and L129) with the beauty Long Fin BN it came with. I have also added a blue Angel, 7 mollies to help with the algae and other then being frisky, they are working! Got my cities tonight as well! Other then these guys, that's it for awhile. Once everything is balanced better and I can off load some tetras and mollies, I will be looking at different angels and not sure what else really :-) So many things I can do! Any ideas?

My first thought when I saw the tank was also angels as the main eye catcher, school of tetras large enough to hold their own visually (rumminose, but many options), perhaps some hatchetfish gliding along the surface and cories playing on the bottom. Relatively standard inhabitants but later on you can add an oddity or two like a knife fish, dwarf cichlids, ...

8 hours ago, biodives said:

My first thought when I saw the tank was also angels as the main eye catcher, school of tetras large enough to hold their own visually (rumminose, but many options), perhaps some hatchetfish gliding along the surface and cories playing on the bottom. Relatively standard inhabitants but later on you can add an oddity or two like a knife fish, dwarf cichlids, ...

I actually just picked up 12 new cories for the tank. They are still smaller but should grow nicely :-) I need at least 2 more of one coloration to give my one a female :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...