Hello, any local clubs?

tt101

Hello,

My name is Tai and I am 23 years old, I have been a member here for quite a few years now but I don’t really post at all. Just wondering if there are any local clubs in Edmonton, I’d love to meet some people closer to my age who love the hobby as much as I do because to be honest all my other friends don’t care for the hobby whatsoever so it would be cool to meet people who I can actually talk about fish with haha. 

I had a 1400 gallon outdoor pond at one point but had to shut it down and I also had a saltwater tank running with the same stock for over 6 years as well but sadly had to shut that down too. My current aquarium is a 90G freshwater tropical community tank that I am hoping to convert to a planted tank (talk about $$$$) and has been running for almost 5 years with the same stock as well. 

Nice to meet you all in advance and I look forward to getting to meet some fish people! 

The Aquarium Club of Edmonton (ACE) is pretty active.  We meet monthly, but not in the summer.  The last meeting of the year is at the end of June - check out their website (www.edmontonfish.com) for details.  They also have a forum here (check under Sponsors) and a Facebook page

• 2 weeks later...

ACE is indeed the place to go. Ages are a bit skewed to the higher end but there are a bunch of young members as well and more are welcome. Moving to a planted tank need not be an expensive undertaking depending on the types of plants you intend on keeping.