Surprise Albino Cory Eggs

MelanieMayhem

A couple weeks ago I was surprised with some albino cory eggs! It was super exciting. I've never bred anything intentionally or accidentally before, and had planned to give it a try with my corys at some point, but they beat me to it. However since it was a surprise, I was not very prepared. I didn't have another tank set up, not so much as a breeder box. I cobbled together a DIY breeder box, and moved the eggs in there, but didn't seem to have any fry that I noticed. The eggs kind of just vanished it seemed. The tank is well established and should have plenty of infusoria but I still added some powdered repashy a few times a day as a precaution. Didn't have anything else to hand at the time. 

Then a few days later, more eggs! A breeder box, a filter for a small grow out tank, and fry food were on the way, I decided to try leaving them in case my moving them compromised the first lot. They stayed in the tank with the adult corys, and a small school of cherry barbs. No one seemed to bother the eggs, and I didn't see any fungusing that I could notice, but again, after a few days, poof. They may have gotten eaten this time. 

So now I'm prepared for the next lot of eggs (I think), what would people who have raised corys recommend I do when/if I get more surprise eggs?

There are a few Cory breeders that might still frequent this site, but I'm sure all of them will tell you that a razor to get the eggs off the glass, then into a container with moving water (airstone) and maybe a drop or two of Methyl Blue.  Don't feed until their yolk sac is (mostly) absorbed, or you're just fouling the water.