Bolivian Rams, more or less?

maligne

I have 4 bolivians in a 30 gallon tank right now heavily decorated with rocks, coconut caves and large silk plants. They are still juvenile but getting bigger. One has taken up territory on the left side of the tank one in the middle and one on the other side. The third guy is the smallest and spends a lot of time higher in the water column in the plants. Border squirmishes are common among the bottom three and are slowly becoming more aggressive. When the little guy comes down from the plants he just gets chased around by the other three. 

So... Do I add another 4 keeping them in a larger group to spread out the aggression. Do I remove a fish? What fish do I remove? Or do I change the decor around and try to divide territory a little differently?

What's the answer to my puzzle, Go!

Lol. Any suggestions from experienced bolivian keepers would be appreciated. Iv seen people keep these guys in large numbers and do well.

They are still to young for me to sex

I am far from an expert on rams but I wouldnt try to put more rams into that size tank since it would increase your bio load quite a bit as they grow. I had 6 in a 3ft tank and they were very peaceful with one another so havent experienced what you are going through. Mine liked to sift the sand together in small groups so not sure if substrate is a factor in keeping them happy. 

My only suggestion would be to reset the scape in a different configuration that provides each a decent sized tank floor area by providing visual breaks between the sections. If I remember correctly, the conventional wisdom was to have areas of at least 30x30cm but you will probably need to research that. Hopefully that will allow the smaller one to carve out a space.