Fluval flex upgrades

maligne

I purchased a fluval flex 32.5 for my father and a flex 15 for my niece for Christmas. I'm really unhappy with multiple aspects of the filtration design. There are a handful of upgrade filter baskets for these tanks on etsy. Does any one have any knowledge or experience with these products? Good ones, ones I should stay away from.

Is any one on here running a flex?

Dont own a flex but have read some people having bought snorkel attachments for the lower water intake in order to allow one to make the substrate higher along the back panel. Also have heard of lid hinges which keep the lid open for you for maintenance etc.

Havent heard of anyone upgrading filter baskets but if I remember correctly from looking at it in the stores, the sponge on these are one big chunk with a couple gaps in the middle to put bio media? Will have to go look around for a picture of it now... I imagine using baskets might make it easier to configure filtration better, similar to a canister where you can pack whatever media you want. In regards to good or bad ones, I imagine they all are the same via 3D printing so as long as they give you good flow through the baskets they probably all work similarly. Are there different designs?

InTank makes baskets and a couple other accessories for the Flex tanks, I've had their product in the past for a Biocube and I found it well made, albeit a little pricey at the time.
I can't comment on how well the fit the Flex or if it will truly be an improvement but it's a place to start looking.
https://intankaquatics.com/fluval-flex-15-fluval-flex-57l/

Iv looked at the inflow and two other baskets. The flex filter sponge is good for biomedia but the foam block is really course and it just doesn't polish the water the way I like it to. Iv been back and forth. I think I'm going to order a filter basket to try on the 15 Gallon flex and put a small canister on the 32

The reviews on the inflow and few other filter basket inserts change the flow of water from the original design that fluval intended. It seems they all are designed just a little differently. Reviews seem to be up and down, some people favoring one over the other