Killi fish corydora tank

maligne

I'm building a 15 gallon killi fish tank. I may add some small corydoras later on. The tank is specifically for west African Gabon killi fish. I'm going to plant it heavily with Anubius. Maybe some Java fern and some floating plants. Indian almond leaves and wood will be included.

I'm researching substrates. 

Best substrate recomendations?

Best floating plant recomendation?

Thought about going full planted with ADA soil but I really want to focus on the fish and water quality and not stress over plants.

Any killi keepers out there what do you think?

I use Play Sand a lot for substrate. Make sure to get some Malaysia Trumpet Snails to keep it stirred. If you don't like sand a silica blasting sand like Sil 8 is a good size and natural color.

Horwort is a good plant that will absorb calcium from the water and nice for fish to hide in. Water Lettuce and Salvinia are good floating plants as their roots are thick and they're easier to control than tiny duckweed.

As always, thanks for the input. I'm definitely going to ads some of those plants.

Iv heard from a lot of people that they regret putting malaria trumpet snails in there tank.

I chose the same substrate I put in all my other tanks. Super naturals nat crystal river. It's a bright substrate which I wanted to avoid but the light will be low with lots of cover