Hard to feed fish

maligne

Add as many live plants as possible - fine leaf is best. There'll be lots of tiny critters they'll pick at til they comfortable enough to eat what you're feeding them.

You can also try microworms, grindle worms and other tiny live foods.

Thanks foe the response jvision. I always appreciate your input. Right now I have floating anubius x 3 plants small. A little bit of fire moss attached to drift wood and a floating plant you recommended in an earlier post. I forget the name of it at the moment. I'm going to add some Java moss and maybe another anubius to float. I was going to ask this question in the planted forum but while we are here. Iv chosen low light hardy easy going plants but I'm packing the 15 gallon with them. Should I be dosing ferts?

On 3/17/2022 at 8:24 PM, maligne said:

Also can you get live foods like micro worms for the LFS?

This site used to be THE PLACE to get small live foods as it seems hobbyists are the main source. There are a few online fish stores that sell microworms and such, and I only know if 1 or 2 LFS in Edmonton that regularly have them in. I'm not sure what LFS have in Calgary, best to call around or check a local FB group - did the Calgary Fish Club have a forum?

I'm not sure. I'm new to live foods aside from brine shrimp, but my killis have gotten very comfortable in the tank over the last week. It's not the best scape I just threw stuff in there but I like that about it. Iv been feeding xtreme and vitalis flaks of a set of long planting tweezers and they are earing aggressively now. So I'm not as concerned as I was before. I would like to introduce some live foods when I am ready to breed. My male is still a bit young. Thank you for your feed backĀ  its appreciated.