Hydra out break

maligne

Feed fewer tiny foods. Spixis snails eat hydra - they used to be quite common, but I haven't seen them around as much

22 hours ago, jvision said:

Feed fewer tiny foods. Spixis snails eat hydra - they used to be quite common, but I haven't seen them around as much

Hey Jvision. I want to give a hudge thanks to you for not just your reply to this post but all my others aswell. It is much appreciated. 

I set up a quarantine tank with tank water from my 30 gallon community. I removed all live plants and decor and placed them in a bucket with water from the hydra infected tank (%50 ) I slowly added boiling water to the infected tank until I reached 52 degrees Celsius. I cooked the tank filter and all for two hours. I'm now going to empty the tank rebuild it and jump start a new filter off of the canister on my 30. I'm then going to put all my plants into the quarantine tank after fish are re homed and decide if I'd like to reintroduce them back to the tank

Seems a bit drastic for hydra. You nuked your beneficial bacteria. Hydra are pretty easy to control by starving and\or predation.

I've been playing in tanks for a long time and have made loads of mistakes. I just try to share what I've learned along the way. But this is what I know to be true about the hobby:

Have fish, have fun!