'nother Red Deer

ditherfish

Back in the hobby after over 10 years with only pond fish.

With the sad demise of my last goldfish, and a move, I'm back to tropicals. Can't believe how much has changed! Great to have forums such as this one.

Biggest change since I last did this: fishless cycling! Great idea. After only a 10 day cycle - plus a few dyas for paranoia, I just added fish to my little 20 gallon hex- all at once, and ammonia and nitrite have stayed at zero (!!!)

Next biggest change: the amazing variety of fish available to the hobby, and excellent information. No longer at the mercy of my lfs!

So, while I continue to research and save up for my African cichlid 90+ tank- I am the proud owner of a newly set up S.A. community in the old renovated and re-siliconed 20g hex - bad idea the glass is soooo old. purely sentimental reasons. It's just not a great shape for much. and hard to aquascape!!:

4 angels (growing out a pair)

6 panda corys

1 clown pleco

I really would like a pair of kribs (my former dabble) or rams- but I know that there is not really room, and the corys would harass them if they bred.

Tank #2- probably in the spring: minimum 90 gallon. Would like about 125 gal. No more than 175g. I'll post in WANTED.

Would love anyt help from local fishkeepers when I set up the mbuna tank. Don?