How do you do your water changes?

maligne

I do most of the water changes on my dad's tank it's 30 gallons and I change it by bucket. I also do my nieces tank 15 gallons and my own 15 gallon tank. 

I do it buy bucket. I know for a fact that some of you guys out there are not changing your 100 to 250 Gallon tanks with home depot buckets. So what's the easiest way, with the least amount of lifting to do a water change. Farhers day is comming up. I'm thinking about buying my Dad a pump so he doesn't have to actually lift and pour the water. But there has to be an easier way than that.

I use a hose. Siphon into houseplants, then outside or down the drain in winter. Hook the hose up to the tap, dose tank w enough Prime for the ENTIRE TANK VOLUME, and fill it up.

Been doing 50% WCs like this for 20 years or so and have had almost no issues. If you're not using Prime, don't do a huge WC after a bit plant trim of filter cleaning; there is often a bit of ammonia released when dechlorinating tap water. The Seachem product keeps the ammonia as a non-harmful form until it can be used by bacteria or plants.