X-Mas comes early

canucklehead

:drool:

who did you get them from? how bad was the import cost?

Talking about customs, I just recently had some RO equipment shipped in and got dinged an extra $60 from the shipping company over and above the shipping. Total value was around $300Cdn. therefore GST being $21. Do the customs brokers take $40 for their services every time?

Edit*********

Nm! I searched UPS and found their customs broker rates.

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/..._clearance.html

Edited by ronrca

product shipped in from the U.S via UPS and similar carriers automatically charge a brokerage fee unless you have it shipped to a company. Does not matter whether you have an actual company or not just order the product and have the shipper send it to your name Company Ltd. UPS automatically calls all commerical companies to see if they want the product brokered or have them do it and deliver it to your door. I don't use UPS anymore simply because I had 4 shipments sent to me in which I specifically stated and had marked on the shipping bills that I would broker the package myself. I even had UPS add it to their computer but it didn't matter , they tried to deliver it and charge me the $50.00 brokerage fee. Even though I never paid it there was a lot of hassle involved. Now good old USPS and then Canada Post, delivered right to your door for $5.00.

Rick

Whoa whoa! Tell me more. I can broker imports myself? Now thats what Im talking about. Please pm me with details if you can. If UPS will automatically broker no matter what, then no UPS. What have your experiences been with the 'mail' services then like time schedules and so on?

Thanks!

Ron

• 1 month later...

yea how are those grammodes doing?