Peaceful Betta

Tanker

I just picked up a Betta imbellis from BA's... they are HOT!

All metallic and cool and stuff... lol.

If you're a fan of really neato bettas... check out the half dozen of so they still have. Not cheap tho... $19.99.

I saw them - they are nice. They're not as brutal on each other as Beta splendens, but literature still says you really shouldn't keep males together. They're still alive at BAs, so that's good; but..... :boxed:

They have four in one of their tanks, one white one that hides and three blue/black/silver mix ones that were 'playing' when I was there.

Compared to a 'typical' betta these guys are valium cases... three of them just circled eachother and never even nipped. The staff said they were in there a while so they've sort of got their 'order' set. They have another 3-4 in the jars... that's where I picked up mine from.

I'm wondering now if he'd breed with my female crowntail? THAT would make for one wildly interesting hybrid.

• 1 month later...

If you like unusual bettas, Big Als (Edmonton) just got in some Betta simplex. There aren't as spectacular as the imbellis etc. but they have a subtle beauty and they are mouthbrooders! I think they were $27 a pair. I came very close to picking up a pair but couldn't figure out where I was going to put them (the usual dilemma!).

DJ