Betta Territory

Ryan

I was wondering what the territory of a betta would be. I have a 40 gallon tank. 36*16*18 and i want to add another. It is a heavily planted tank. I have pic of it int the picture formum. I would like to add another male. But i am not sure if my tank is big enough. Would it help if i added females as well?

From what I have heard Even in a 100 gallon tank the males will find each other and fight. But that is only hear say. I am planing on trying that in a 250+ gallon tank to see if that works. If you do try please let me know about the result. Every betta has a differnet personality so while some are down right deadly putting them with any other fish others can be put with other males in larger tanks and just chase and flare at each other without even nipping. The females are the same way. So what works for 1 group might not work for another.

Ya when i had my delta there was a crowntail that couldnt be put with nothing other than babrs because he killed everything elese. Maybe i will go buy some cheap ones and see if they get along. Dont want to ruin my CT

I'm sorry but I find that kind of offensive... it's alright for the 'cheap ones' to get killed but not the CT? And there is no guarantee that the 'cheap one' won't be the one doing the killing... females are also just as likely to kill or be killed as the males.

All my bettas are death cup rescues, I have 11, and they are all great little fish, with great personalities. AND they are all kept in separate tanks... to do otherwise is very irresponsible IMO.

Sorry just had to get that off my chest.

CC

Sorry i didnt mean it like that. Its not like i am not going to let the death bowl ones die or fight to the death. I just dont want to risk it with my CT i am going to keep him seperate. I just want to put 2 cheap ones together so i can have 2 bettas together. I am not saying there is nothing wrong with the Death bowl bettas hell thats where me and my friend got our crowntails from and they are beautiful fish.