Found a picture of an adult electric blue dempsey

albert_dao

I just came back from Big Als.

I saw the 4 remaining Blue JD's that I am sure that were from the same batch as mine.

They are the same size as mine. And they look WORSE than mine.

If anyone has been in Big Als during the last 4 months, you will have seen these. The pec fins are practically gone...just like mine. I don't know why....they are prone to fin rot there? AND...they have that weird white/creamy spot in the centre of their eyes...just like mine.

See, I told you it wasn't my husbandry!

I did happen to grab that beautiful adult Red Turquoise Discus that was in the big tank with the Heckels and wild Greens. The info I got was that it was in one of their show tanks. Yes, I remember looking at that tank long and hard. (Keep in mind I only go to BA's about once every 3 months or so) They always had 2 in there that had Hole in the Head and would not heal. And there were some in there that were completely normal. I got one of those. He is almost perfect. One pec fin a touch shorter than the other but that is just damage I think. No signs of pitting at all. He is gorgeous! I'm acclimatizing him/her right now.

Sorry, didn't mean to change the subject.

I am sure there are some HEALTHY Blue JD's out there.....somewhere!

I traded for a couple of Blue Dempseys a while back, with Big Als.. They were always sick.. and both eventually died within a few months... I'm pretty sure it was my fishkeeping skills.. I'm no experts, but I've been at it awhile, and have lost very, very few fish.