imacquarium...OMG!

TheGr8Blade

I also custom build MacQuariums with Classics and SEs etc.

Here are some photos of the early model. Note that these pictures have not been updated for a long time...

http://www.unusualbehavior.com/other/MacQuarium/

New models are not built with undergravel filters, no air-lift in the viewing pane, and no visible water line with the face-plate on (and no duct tape, hehe).

If you are looking for a unique little cube tank for your desk, I would also suggest modifying a Mac Cube. Very cute, and way more functional than in its original state (as with all macs turned aquariums IMHO) :smokey:

*** Please do not try disassembling any computers with a built in monitor until you learn how to properly ground a CRT. Seriously... very dangerous.

*** Please do not try disassembling any computers with a built in monitor until you learn how to properly ground a CRT. Seriously... very dangerous.

This is beond dangerous. We're talking laying in a puddle of urine 10 feet away with a huge burn on your arm, if you're lucky you might wake up again.

When the above happened to me I had the proper equipment to do this and had been trained on CRTs and high discharge stuff like battery backups as well. I don't know if I actually touched it or not, I can't remember. This was far from the first monitor I ever took apart either.

If anyone wants to try this I will ground out your CRT for you if you bring it to me free of charge. Provided I can find my tools, I have no idea where I put them.

Also keep in mind that a CRT can hold a charge for years at a time.

This is beond dangerous. We're talking laying in a puddle of urine 10 feet away with a huge burn on your arm, if you're lucky you might wake up again.

When the above happened to me I had the proper equipment to do this and had been trained on CRTs and high discharge stuff like battery backups as well. I don't know if I actually touched it or not, I can't remember. This was far from the first monitor I ever took apart either.

If anyone wants to try this I will ground out your CRT for you if you bring it to me free of charge. Provided I can find my tools, I have no idea where I put them.

Also keep in mind that a CRT can hold a charge for years at a time.

This is somthing i fully agree with, I have seen this fisrt had as well, not to me, but to a co-worker, put almost through a wall, it was bad and very scary

I would take Midgetwater up on his offer if you where to attemp this