Help needed with Ferts

cgmac

85 mg/l converts to 11.9 degrees hardness on the German scale system. So 12 degrees at 7 Ph would equal 36 ppm. You may want to reduce your C02 input slightly to increase your Ph to 7.1 or 7.2 which respectively would give you a C02 reading of 28.6 or 22.7 ppm of C02 saturation and this will be save for your fish.

Your difficult lies with in your incomplete fertilzing of macro nutrients and possibly to much micronutients from the Trace. Your NPK ratio is way off and until that gets into check little will help.

Garhan

IME, the only Flourish items that supply sufficient amounts of nutrients for a well planted tank are the traces and Excel. Everything else will end up costing way too much for any tank larger than a 10 gal.

I'm not familiar with dosing using the enema or 'no salt', so can't help you there. When I use KNO3 and KH2PO4 to dose macros, I try to keep NO3 at about 10ppm, and PO4 around 1ppm. Keep CO2 up around 30ppm, and do large weekly WCs - all is good. :)

I am noticing improvement in the growth of my plants now that I put new Flourish tabs in substrate. Algae growth does not seem to be so prolific ! Now working on getting a good batch of diy CO2 going. Yesterday I whipped up a batch with red wine yeast....does not produce enough pressure to get things going consistently. I am going out now to get what I should have yesterday....some brewers yeast.

Kudos to Garhan, Milan, Christian and jvision for all your help !