Replanting

johnsmith

You can trim the roots, but it will mean it'll take a bit longer for your plants to get going full tilt again.

Two things that I do when replanting:

1) wrap the roots around the end of the plant

or

2) use forcepts to plant by the root. That is hold the plant with the forcepts by the end of the root, and pull it into the substrate.

I believe the main reason for not cutting the root is that most of the root hairs - where the plant easiestly (nice grammar! :huh: ) takes in nutrients - are at the ends.

Do you have substrate ferts - like Jobe's? If so, be sure to get the old tab out, or burried, ASAP. And do a sizable WC - it'll let loose a whole bunch of NH4. If you don't catch it, look forward to some algae. :grr:

Do you have substrate ferts - like Jobe's? If so, be sure to get the old tab out, or burried, ASAP. And do a sizable WC - it'll let loose a whole bunch of NH4. If you don't catch it, look forward to some algae. :grr:

Yeah, I have some sort of spike under there - and it's made a huge difference. Since I put it in my two types of crypts have grown and multiplied like crazy.

When I dig up the plants I'll be sure to get that looked after. Thanks for the heads-up.