Large, interesting fish?

johnsmith

I'm just wondering if there are any large, interesting (subjective, I know) fish that would work in my new tank (90g). I'm still trying to decide on what to do with it and I need to make a decision in the next 2 weeks.

Right now I have 4 nics & 8 diamond tetras. I finally have some room to have a bigger fish but anything I can think of seems to be incompatible with other fish.

Does anything come to mind that might round off this fish list?

Or, do I have to choose between 1-2 killer neos vs. schools of community fish? I love jags and texas (texans?) but I'm not convinced that 1-2 fish and some large rocks will keep my attn over a long period of time.

nix the others and get a big neo!

oh and as for te attention, you will find that most big neos have great, well developed personality. I doubt youl get bored.

Well, I won't be going with tangs - that switch over would be too costly. The good thing about neos is the common ones are really cheap.

The sharks are a cool idea though. I had an ID shark when I was younger and wanted to get another when I got back into tanks - then I discovered how big they get. I'll look into the sharks and I'm going to go look at Sauron's jags sometime soon. Gold's also has some really nice texans. Decisions, decisions... :wacko:

The sharks are a cool idea though.

Or not - I just read this at badmanstropicalfish.com

"Not one of the best choices in aquarium fish the Columbian shark is becoming more common in the trade. Freshwater when young and Brackish when mature the Columbian shark can reach a length of Two feet, although one foot is more the norm."

One foot wouldn't be too bad, but the brakish thing sort of counts them out.

It was a good idea though.

I am told that they are capable of living in fresh for their entire life but don't know for absolute sure. I use salt with every water change and have cichlids in with mine. They are a couple of years old now and about 8 or 9 inches and doing good. They do get stupid on occasion (usualy when you spook them passing in front of the tank) and fly around running into things head long. Still one of my favorite fish in my collection :)