Appropriate filtration system

vic

Hello:

I am just returning to the hobby after a 15 year hyatus. Boy has there been some changes. I am buying a 125gallon that will be set up as a fresh water tropical community tank. Please advise what filtration system I should purchase. I will likely plant the tank quite heavily and run a CO2 generator. I am NOT interested in an undergravel system.

Cheers and thanks;

Dont worry vic most people would not suggest undergravel. I think it would all depend on you specific preference. If you dont mind a filter that hangs on the back then go with a couple AC500's. Great filters!!

If you dont want them hanging then go maybe with an Eheim canister, they are nice because everything sits in the stand and the only thing you see in you aquarium is the inlet and outlet!!

OR...you could go with a sump and have all the pumps again under the tank in the stand, and all you would see are the in/outs.

Really it is up to you.

I run canisters and AC's. the only downfall I find with the canister is if you fill the tank to full it doesn't seem to put much air in the water, and It has forced me to run an airline.

GL