When to add a cleaner...

TheGr8Blade

Have started a nano tank and was just wondering when to add a cleaner and what to add as a cleaner. Shrimp, snail or crab? Any suggestions would help. I have a 33 gallon tank, live rock (not much on it yet growth wise) , 2 clowns and 2 damsels. Thanks in advance! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Have started a nano tank and was just wondering when to add a cleaner and what to add as a cleaner. Shrimp, snail or crab? Any suggestions would help. I have a 33 gallon tank, live rock (not much on it yet growth wise) , 2 clowns and 2 damsels. Thanks in advance!  :)

A 33G isn't really considered in the Nano category, however, it is a very nice size tank to have, IMO. I'd add various snails and blue-legged hermit crabs. You could also go with an Emerald crab, cleaner shrimp, etc. My 10G Nano has been running for just over 2 months and I have hermit crabs, snails, cleaner & peppermint shrimps, etc. Everything doing well. How long has the tank been running? What type of lighting are you using?

Edited by JHG