Good places to get tanks

xWhiteyx

Hello all so not living in Calgary yet but i am going to be and i was wondering where are good places to get tanks built or bought from, and how much roughly?

Cause i have like a 165 and i'm looking at it everyday thinking that it's going to be a reall pain in the @$$ if i have to move that thing. Getting it here will be no problem but once it's here it will be just me and my girlfriend and i really doubt she will be able to help me it took two very well able guys to move this thing. So i was looking at getting something bigger also like 180-200 gallon i saw somewhere on here that i tank used 180 was like $250 or something like cause thats crazy cheap, here it would be like....? Well i don't know but some guy is selling a 125 with stand for $450 here in winnipeg and it's even a home-made tank.

If you want a "bigger" tank, get acrylic. My 300 gal only weighed about 350 lbs and I pulled it over the basement threshold by myself. And it was just me and my Dad that got it down the stairs and such.

Acrylic is so much lighter than glass if you are going to have something built.

They are Acrylic Concepts (in Calgary) but Wayne at Riverfront can work the deal out for you as he refers them for tanks.

Furniture dollies ($30 @ Canadian Tire) and ratchet straps work wonders - I moved a 94 gallon by myself and I'm not very strong these days (ask J-Roc & Blkwolf). It's a 3/8" glass 4 foot by 2 foot high by 18 3/4" wide unit and I moved from my station wagon on the dolly and then down the basement stairs alone.

You probably only need one helper with your bigger tank and two would be more than enough unless you are going to muscle it (which is where you would need Blkwolf).

You probably only need one helper with your bigger tank and two would be more than enough unless you are going to muscle it (which is where you would need Blkwolf).

Yeah, then you could get Blkwolfe to just come over and "palm" it into your house for you.

Hint: Make friends with him. :smokey:

Edited by dunl