Frustration and New plants

Raven

Unfortunately those are all high light demanding plants...

Garhans suggestion of getting lights from Home Depot is a good one, I've not gone that way myself, but I know others who have and it works great at a fraction of the cost.

Oxquo, it is interesting that you've found Rotala doesn't do well in harder water... my Rotala is my number one performer... I can't keep up to it!! :well:

I suppose it could have been a few different factors with the rotala and come to think of it now I think I was already mixing my water when I had it or it was atleast during that timeframe. As an aponogeton freak, My tank goes from light to dim several times a year, My crispus is just finally starting to do the freak as well, times like this my other plants get pretty shaded. It may have been that which made the rotala do so poorly or as I mentioned maybe it was doing well in the hard water and then when I began to mix RO and tap it may have taken a dive. I may have to give it another try in both just to see what happened.