And soon it will all start again....

Oxquo

I can't see for sure exactly what plants those are but some of the cryptocoryne's and Echinodorus species will shed all (or mostly all) of their leaves when transplanted or moved about. Good luck with them... :)

To avoid that glare back, take the photo on an angle. Another trick is to take the photo with all the lights in the room off (except the tank lights themselves of course :) ), and don't use the flash...

Thanks for the camera advice. Yeah most of the plants are crypts, I have usually good success moving them but it's the aponogeton's that I hate to move, they lose everything and it has taken along time to get one of my favorites back up to par after a huge drought of no leaves. It has just grown almost 4" yesterday alone and my fear is that it may be getting old and most of it's young I have long given away. The fear of interupting it before it blossoms completely bites although I will be getting a few into the store before Dec 15 when it opens, I just think that much like a dealer, it is better if you don't buy up all of the stuff you are suppose to be selling, it's just plain bad business. The E. Osirus's should be okay as they are just starting to come back from a root and leaf thinnning two months ago but my crypts especially the retrospirallis has root systems to every length of the tank as I can see them underneath, maybe I am best to just pull it all out and divide the plant before trimming back the roots, to give it a better start. I wish it could all be like tiger val and java fern, the less you care whether it lives or dies, the better and faster it grows.