Francos Aquariums (Calgary)

Francos is a good place to deal with. Thought I would post his ad for all ya bargain hunters

Dave

FRANCO'S

AQUARIUM

#118 - 1935, 32 AVE NE

230-5501

MON-THURS 11-8 pm

CLOSED FRIDAY

SAT-SUN 11-6 pm

FRESH WATER FISH

30% OFF UP TO 2 FOR 1

All Marine Fish - 50% off

Aquarium Suppiles 20% off

Fluval & Aqua Clear

Filters 50% off

>> See Details

I'm pretty sure their fish are always on sale 30% or 2 for 1. At least, I've never been in that store and not seen those "sales".

I know that doesn't really sound like a sale :shifty: , but I guess it's like buying gas in this city, there seems to always be the stated price plus an extra $0.035 off.

Francos is a good place to deal with. Thought I would post his ad for all ya bargain hunters

Dave

FRANCO'S

AQUARIUM

#118 - 1935, 32 AVE NE

230-5501

MON-THURS 11-8 pm

CLOSED FRIDAY

SAT-SUN 11-6 pm

FRESH WATER FISH

30% OFF UP TO 2 FOR 1

All Marine Fish - 50% off

Aquarium Suppiles 20% off

Fluval & Aqua Clear

Filters 50% off

>> See Details

Thanks. i am going to go there on Saturday and see what the angel situation looks like. Would like to get a dozen.

Thanks again.

I find they aren't as good deal as Gold. Their equipments and @$$. stuf are more expensive than Golds and Pieces. I found their A F cichlids is general twice $$ than GOLD.

I go there only because they carry more kind of pleco than other stores.

This is just my 10 cents.

I have priced out Pisces, Gold, Riverfront, Francos and others and have found Francos to be in the middle

Some stuff is higher priced and a few a bit lower. Fish are about "average" also. His selection of fish kick serious a** over Golds (like most stores)

It is a well run family buisiness, one which deserves the support of the community

Dave :beer:

I find they aren't as good deal as Gold. Their equipments and @$$. stuf are more expensive than Golds and Pieces. I found their A F cichlids is general twice $$ than GOLD.

I go there only because they carry more kind of pleco than other stores.

This is just my 10 cents.

I have a happy healthy at least year and a half old clown pleco from Francos. I try to stop in there everytime I am near it.

Picked up some really good albino cories the last time I was looking for them from there....

My two fish/cents worth...

Moose

I don't mind them. They have a few good deals here and there...

The one thing that made me mad was when i first started out she told me that I couldn't find a fluval 404 for cheaper, and that she was giving it to me at cost plus shipping. Long story short, I paid over $200, and later that day found out I can get them for <$150... After that, I refused to buy anything from her unless i could not get it elsewhere.

Otherwise, she was very approachable, and her display tanks looked really nice. (I never saw the male owner, just the female, hence the use of her)

As for marine, when I stopped by the other day when I was on 32nd going to buy lights, I took a look at the marine. Rather small selection. Hell, before I stopped by I had no clue they even sold saltwaterfish. Hopefully they expand their selection, and perhaps get some beginner corals.

In short, they are a lot better than some stores, and care about the health of their fish. IMO, the fish is the best reason to go there, as the goods are the same as other places.