Planted Nano

Deathstar

Hi Guys,

I want to setup a planted Nano tank (6-12G JBJ Nano Cube) I know nothing about FW I only have SW tanks right now. What fish would be good for this size tank and how many fish? What plants can I get for this size tank? One more thing should I just use rocks or sand for the bottom?

Thanks for the help.

Eric

For a small tank like that, I'd say pencil fish would be a good fit. Or a male Betta. You could go with an invert tank - Amano & cherry shrimp would love it!

I prefer using a substrate around 2-3mm diameter, at about 2-4" depth. There are a lot of substrates that are suplimented, or that will hold onto ferts really well. Or, you can use just plane gravel/sand - in a small tank like that, you'll probably have mostly grasses and stems - stuff that doesn't need a lot of substrate fertilizing.

I'm setting up a 2.5 gallon nano tank. 1 Flower/Bamboo Shrimp, 2 Ghost Shrimp and 2 of another small type shrimp, cherry or algae eating, amano if I can ever find them.

The flower shrimp will be the end boss, and the smaller shrimp his minions.

-Hideo