Crap.

Dammit...one of my baby SA lungfish managed to squirm out of the little hole that provides access to the heater cord and airline....he was still alive when I found him in the dust behind the stand, but expired shortly after being reintriduced to the tank. I hate it when that happens.

when i had fire/tire track eels.. in a 20 gal.. i enclosed the whole top in a plexiglass top drilled holes for heater cord airline and my bro, put rubber gromets in the holes (sized to fit) and there was NO! room left for a squirmy ell :))) worked good

DF

Edited by dragonfish

I am surprised at this, but then, these are by far the smallest lungfish that I have ever kept, being more slim than a golf-pencil....the water level in the tank just got dropped by 3", which should make all the difference.

Sorry to hear. It sucks cause you even had a cover for it. I lost a couple of oscars once when I accidently forgot to put the lid back onto the tank after a water change. Got home from a movie and found 2 oscars covered in dust.....well, I was sad but then, I used them as crab bait and it works great! LOL I hate to waste.