Your local price for 110-gallon NEW setup, lids/hood/stand?

Your local price for 110-gallon NEW setup, lids/hood/stand?

Locally, a setup by "Perfecto", NEW, 110-gallon (60" x 18" x 24") w/ black frame, with two glass flip lids, two-tube hood with double 48" ballast (two tubes total), and matching pine stand in black, costs $800 CA ($725 USA) + 7% Federal Sales Tax + 7% Provincial Sales Tax, for a total of $912 CA ($815 USA).

How does this compare to your local prices? Preferably, to compare to somewhere close to me (USA: Minnesota, North Dakota; CANADA: Ontario, Saskatchewan, Alberta) would help.

Whatever the price, if you wait until after the long weekend it'll be minus 8% anywhere but Calgary. I think the city is adding 1% tax to fund everything but public schools.

-Hideo

Whatever the price, if you wait until after the long weekend it'll be minus 8% anywhere but Calgary. I think the city is adding 1% tax to fund everything but public schools.

-Hideo

You are aware that the GST is not being "removed," it's only being "reduced," from 7% to 6%, effective July 1. How does this net an 8% savings?

-Hideo

You are aware that the GST is not being "removed," it's only being "reduced," from 7% to 6%, effective July 1. How does this net an 8% savings?

Do the math. He said 7% gst and 7% pst, thus, buying in Calgary, would not be paying PST, hence saving at least 7%, or 8% as the gst will be at 6% anywhere but Calgary.

From what I gathered from the news, Calgary's going to add a city tax of 1%, and keep the tax at 7% and use that extra 1% for I have no idea what.

-Hideo

From what I gathered from the news, Calgary's going to add a city tax of 1%, and keep the tax at 7% and use that extra 1% for I have no idea what.

-Hideo

This is impossible, the city does not have the ability to impose sales tax. What it said on the news was that certain city imposed user fees that have tax included like transit passes and dog licenses will not have their price adjusted to reflect the lowered GST. The city will keep that 1% probably because the monies collected would be much less that would have to be spent to re-price everything.

Well, that's kind of difficult. If you purchased it at Petland or some other large, over-priced chain, it's probably expensive. Many people get their stands made, or buy seperately from a more reasonable priced place. My 55 gallon setup including everything new cost me 350$, but my 180, stand, tank (with oveflow and drilled), lights, glass lids, 55 gallon sump, pump, substrate and decorations (rock/driftwood) has so far cost me about 1200$ all together. Stand is metal, however.

-Hideo