figure eight puffer

s.h.

i know that someone on here has an extent knowledge on puffer fish but i dont remember who. but i was just wondering. what would be reccomended tank wise to keep 1 or 2 of the figure eight puffers.

i know that someone on here has an extent knowledge on puffer fish but i dont remember who. but i was just wondering. what would be reccomended tank wise to keep 1 or 2 of the figure eight puffers.

A 20 gal might do it but a 20 long or 29 would be better. Just add lots of wood or plants so they can stay away from eachother if they need to. Put a good oversize filter on it like an Aquaclear 70.

THis is a good article

http://www.thepufferforum.com/articles/puffer/f8puffer.html

Edited by midgetwaiter

Just remember that brackish environment will accerate the decay of driftwoods. Just use acrylic root type decor just like the ones in petsmart.

As Aaron said...go for a 29 gallon...more spacious and you may be able to add some bumble bee gobies as bottom cleaners.

Js

so i could use mopani?. and im pretty sure im getting a 29 gallon equipped with a rena xp2

Yeah Mopani is fine in the water you need to setup for a figure 8.

As far as the filter goes, you will find all sorts of different opinions about renas, IME they're junk. Any way you look at it though, you will get a much better price / performance out of an AC 500 / 110 and have better media media choices. ACs are nice for puffer tanks as they do a better job of mechanical filtration than any canister would, even if you turn them down a bit so they aren't blowing everythign around in a smaller tank.