Do I need to reinforce my floor?

Is the space you're putting it over a crawlspace or basement? How close to a loadbearing wall? which direction do your floor joists run? How old is the house? How big are the joists? Are there any jackpoles under there already? Do you already have issues with shifting or sinking?

Those are just some of the questions that need answers before you put water in it. There is also some 'mandatory reading' on CF : http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/aquarium_weight.php

After that article, you should have an idea of whether or not your selected location is suitable, needs some work, or "tank for sale".

Only set I know of in the city are at Aquarium Enthusiasts... not sure of they rent them out or not, though. They may be able to help you find a set of your own or suggest a place to start looking. Any glass shop (widsheild, etc) should also have them in use there, and they have to get them from somewhere.

Worst case, you can look into a rental place that rents suction cups for appliances. Glass ones, you will be looking @ alot of money to buy.

As for the floor..you most-likely have more chance of cracking the bottom of the tank IMO, than having the tank fall through the floor. Get it level, you should be o.k..Ive seen tons of mail where people get a big tank, but don't get even support under it, then break the tank, then get a quote on a stand.

Edited by Majestic_Aquariums

OK, here is what I found so far on suction cups:

PRINCESS AUTO:

- windshield suction cup set

- capacity: 175 pounds max.

- Pt# 8071763

- 69.99 per set

The style that the glass shops use are special order from my suppliers, when I can get a P & D for you people interested, I can bring them in for you as I have access to O.E.M. pricing and that means I get it way cheaper than you can!

At A.E.S. here in Red Deer, I can get suction cup braces, that is two suction cups on one handle, 400 Lb. Capacity for 91.17 / Each plus G.S.T and any applicable delivery charges. Free delivery in Red Deer.

Edited by Ichthyosporidium