My new Fatties

Devon

I got some goldfish from a friend that works at Petcetera, they were abandoned there and needed more space so I brought them home...I'm hoping to get them into a 55 soon.

Black Moor:

normal_smoor.jpg

Everyone:

normal_sgoldfish.jpg

Sarasa Comet:

normal_sarasa.jpg

normal_sarasa2.jpg

Red Ryukin:

normal_Redryukin.jpg

normal_redryukin2.jpg

Dog Pile!! Goldfish are so fat and weird and out of proportion that they're always tipping into weird positions...

normal_doggypile.jpg

normal_Corys.jpg

The two resident cory cats.

normal_blackmoor.jpg

My Son calls the Ryukin/Orandas 'Wigglebutts'....lol....their movements alone are charming. My niece refuses to buy any other fish. I was visiting NB in December & gave her the run of the store to buy what she wanted. She already has 'Wigglebutts', so I'm showing her all sorts of other fish to put into the smaller tank once we moved the Golds into the new one I got her for Christmas. Nope, more 'Wigglebutts'. I showed her Mother what those 'Wigglebutts' would need for a tank soon - she was SO impressed with me :rolleyes: .

You may do better to wait until Spring to try to move the Serasa. Most Pond enthusiasts are trying to figure out how to overwinter their fish right now so it might be more difficult. Unless of course, you know more Pond enthusiasts than I do. That's what I ran into when I had to move mine many moons ago anyway. By the same token, you'll probably find lots of people trying to get rid of them soon so you should find your Ryukin. :D

I WOULD LOVE ONE FOR OUR POND BUT WINTER IS APROACHING. bUT IF YOUARE THINKING OF A POND i HAVE THAT WATERFALL PUMP FOR SALE IT REALY IS A GOOD DEAL WITH PUMP AND FILTER. :beer: :ml:

That's true, pond season is almost over, I forgot. I guess the little guy (or big guy?) will have to suck it up and live in a tank until spring. Dunl is generously giving me a 55 this coming weekend so atleast he'll have some room to swim around!

That's true, pond season is almost over, I forgot. I guess the little guy (or big guy?) will have to suck it up and live in a tank until spring. Dunl is generously giving me a 55 this coming weekend so atleast he'll have some room to swim around!

I like how this community works that way - lots of back-scratching but hey, scratch me back when the opportunity arrises, no worries. :D

We panic when we consider the Goldfish and how messy/large they can be, but small ones are just fine in smaller tanks with diligent maintenance, in my limited experience and from what I'm told. You just have to be prepared for where the commitment might take you, or find someone who can accomodate them. Either way, they're better off where they are I'm sure. I managed to maintain a 10G tank, overstocked by several inches of Goldfish in my early days, until I unloaded them in the Spring. It wasn't ideal and I wouldn't recommend it, but they were very healthy, if not ultimately happy, fish - spawning at a very early age even. Spoiled creatures. Lotsa filter/waterchanges & an airstone. They would have suffered eventually of course, but they did well in the temporary quarters for the time they had to be there. So pat yourself on the back for giving them a better life, even if its temporary. :thumbs: