Algae question

KTV

So now that the lighting is controlled and I see that my plants are actually growing, I'm noticing a bit of i guess it would be hair algae. I have a few bristle nose plecos in there and a clown pleco, unfortunately they're pretty useless and only good for chewing wood.

I want to put some shrimp inthe tank. I've heard some are really good hair algae eaters. Does anyone know what kind and where intown might have some?

Amano shrimp are good algae eaters but it takes lots of them to notice a difference. Not sure which city you are from but i have seen them at all the stores here in edmonton so i'm pretty sure anywhere would carry them. They are fairly expensive, the cheapest i have seen them was for 2.80$ea.

Another great option for eating hair algae in a planted tank is the SAE(the true SAE not the flying fox or CAE). They are great hair algae eaters and also take care of BBA

Well, since you don't say where you are from and are forcing me to assume, I'll assume you live in Red Deer. Check out Petland at Southpointe Common. They periodically get different shrimps in. The last time they had Amano's, they were like $5 each though... A little expensive, but as long as you are vigilante about keeping clean water, they will live a long time and will be worth it... :)

KTV, just like Andy L mentioned work with the C02, and reduce alittle light by time line, also keep up or increase water changes for alittle while(2-3 weeks @ 25% every 3 days). I would not expect instant results. Give it a couple weeks to notice any significant changes.

Garhan