Good School fishkeeping topics?

Oxquo

No prob. I'm a collector from way back, and my favourite area (before the current laws came into effect) was north of Regina. My area of interest was native artifacts, but fossils are fascinating as well.

Nowadays the crown lays claim to pretty much everything, and you don't even want to think about exporting anything with any type of value out of the country. Red tape & paperwork up the wazoo.

Thanks RD, the site pertains to all of Saskatchewan, the decision with the gov of saskatchewan must be based on a native collecting on native land. Maybe it is a touchy subject for them, I am sure I'd get busted without question. I appreciate the response, maybe I can get a permit without going through hell as I am hoping to find fish in there. We found what looked like a massive leech the other day, maybe it is a sea worm of some kind. It's damn cool stuff though, completely makes me dread the snow coming so soon as I could spend hours there. The time everything would take will make me skip this school project this year but God couldn't keep me from unearthing goods there. There is a fossil almost every 5' as the cliff that collapsed is massive and deep too. Can't see anyone digging up the site too easy as it is My buddies parents back yard pretty much.

Have you tried contacting the U of S Native Law Centre? That's who the Gov't consults with half the time. They may be able to address your more specific and delicate questions. Good luck!