Vendor Review Survey Results Discussion Thread

Tanker

Great job Chris. Thanx for putting all the work in to this.

I find there are some really interesting results that prove - to me at least - that the data is indeed reliable.

An example is the data in the Staff Responsiveness category. My own experiences are completely echoed in the results. The smaller stores generally hit higher numbers in customer service, where the larger stores had their higher numbers usually in the 'selection' areas.

Now, I DO feel that it is prudent to place a few little facts and such. The results here are the result of the past month of my spare time, and may be subject to error. I have taken every precaution I can think of short of redoing the entire thing, to prevent mistakes but nobody's perfect. It represents the opinions of 179 people as out of the 190 entries, 11 had to be removed due to being either incomplete or outright corrupt. 85% of the respondents live within the Calgary and Edmonton areas, which is consistent with our membership which has 87% of our regionally qualified members within one of the two areas.

The next round of the survey will be about 4 months from now, and I hope I can make this a regular biannual event. I think it IS important for us as a local community to have information like this available. However, there IS a tremendous amount MORE that can be done in the survey. It is going to take some time to fine-tune it to a point where I am happy with it, and that's just my demands.

Future versions will hopefully encompass:

• Results that auto-generate!
  • Every store in Alberta. Each survey custom tailors itself to where you shop, so it's not like every person would be asked about every store. But this complicates things immensely with additional region considerations. There seriously could be well over 200 stores in Alberta that sell fish, and the logistics are incredible.
  • ...?

Please feel free to suggest changes, no matter how small. I really need this feedback as YOU are the ones doing the survey and YOU are the ones using the results. How can I improve on either and turn this labour of love into something better each time?

The results as a CSV is actually larger than the maximum allowable sheet in Excel! I had to break it into two parts and work from both sheets.

I am formatting a webpage right now that displays all the info in HTML tables, and should have that done by week's end. Still feeling around this survey program and trying out it's many options, but for displaying the info it's actually a little 'short' on available formats.

As always, I'll see what I can do.