New look

The new look is so cool :wub: I hate to criticise. But may I humbly suggest that having an entire column of wiggling fish down the left hand side of the forum lists is distracting.

A moving icon shoudl impart additional information- or urgent information. Having all the icons move is the graphic equivalent of using the <blink> tag. Remember the early days of the web? Yuch!

Anyway- Having the icons wiggle to show NEW posts or UNREAD posts is somewhat useful- but what is the purpose of having the icon for READ forums wiggle?

I admit to having a KISS bias- and would dispense with animated gifs altogether except for URGENT or CRITICAL info postings.

However- if the READ fishies didn't wiggle- then I could scan down the list easily- and spot the wiggling fish to see unread posts. As it is- I have a hard time- too much wiggling!

And now- to make my point about not using animated gifs- I'm going to use one.

:chair: :boom:

To tell you the truth i never even noticed they wiggled. I had to go back and check to make sure.

But i do agree that if they are going to wiggle it would best better if only the icons that are showing unread messages wiggled. That way they are wiggling for a reason.

But i never even noticed they wiggled in the first place :blush:

Well.....if it were that easy, as it may be for someone who knows what they are doing with stuff like that, then it may be possible to have what you are suggesting. However, I don't really know how to un-animate them for certain instances, such as "no new posts". If you know how to do it, maybe you can suggest to me how you think it can be done and I will see what I can do about it. Sorry you don't like it.

actually, I love them!!!

They are a completely different fish to indicate an unread thread. Very easy to understand....you just have notice the color difference. The fish he picked are very cute too. I have to go back to check again...but they look like corys. I think of it as being a panda cory to indicate a "read thread"...and a striped cory to indicate one I havent read yet. I find it even easier to tell the difference than the little envelopes were.

Wonderful job!!!!!! :thumbs:

However, I don't really know how to un-animate them for certain instances, such as "no new posts". If you know how to do it, maybe you can suggest to me how you think it can be done and I will see what I can do about it.

Perhaps the easiest way would be to edit the actual gif file, in this case:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/fre...trope-ani1r.gif

and replace atrope-ani12.gif with a non animated version.

I've attached one. If you used some kind of scheme or skin installer, then the simplest thing to do would be to replace the file witha an identically named one (make a back up first).

If you can specify the file individually, then you could use the file provided as is.

The decision is yours. I like the site as it is- as I said. It is cool- but I think it would be better.

post-46-1100800420