Who am I?

shannabel

That is what I thought as well. Plus his face is solid colored and the pics I have seen of the Mpanga are usually not as solid looking. Also his black stripes seem to be thicker than the Mpanga's. And Chewere seems to ring more of a bell in my mind than mpanga. The female is just a darker version of the male. Tends to turn a brown color when holding. The mpanga female seems to be just a light blue but I only found one female picture!!

Shannon S

I would say Ps. "elongatus chewere". The black in the dorsal fin usually extends to the tips in Ps. "elongatus mpanga." Not so in the case of the 'chewere' type.

Chewere is probably most accurate,only species I can think of that is similar is labidochromis "mbamba" . The number of stripes , however , would indicate it is most likely of the elongatus variety.

Chewere is probably most accurate,only species I can think of that is similar is labidochromis "mbamba" . The number of stripes , however , would indicate it is most likely of the elongatus variety.

The head shape isn't correct for a Labidochromis. The fish is certainly Pseudotropheus elongatus "chewere", or at least until they finally get around to separating the elongatus complex.