Brine shrimp raising?

Oxquo

I am guessing this would be a good catagory for this, I would like to get Some bbs to adult size. What is the best way to do this? I have seen some done in just a jar in a window and the got huge with no feeding or help other than the algae that the sun. The water was never changed at all. I'd like to try a different route. I have 2 lbs of spirulina powder as food. I will be using a 2 gallon tank how many should I try in here?

I once used a 5 gal tank, and just had air bubling in it. Fed the Spirulina powder and had multiple generations grow up in there. It crashed when I neglected it for a month or so. I still did WCs on it regularly, but wasn't concerned with salinity - just followed the directions on the box of Aquarium Salt. I think if I were to do it again, I'd either use Sea Salt or a cheep brand of Reef Crystals.

I once used a 5 gal tank, and just had air bubling in it. Fed the Spirulina powder and had multiple generations grow up in there. It crashed when I neglected it for a month or so. I still did WCs on it regularly, but wasn't concerned with salinity - just followed the directions on the box of Aquarium Salt. I think if I were to do it again, I'd either use Sea Salt or a cheep brand of Reef Crystals.

It was mentioned the other night that water softener salt can also be used :D

Hatching them is the easy part I use softener salt and it works fine but breeding them would be awesome. Not that I'd get enough for feeding anything but it would just be pretty cool. They say the lakes they come from vary in salinity. The one by Moose Jaw SK itself varies almost day to day which makes sense. more evaporation higher salinity, more rain, lower salinity, so I dont think they are too specific. Next year I will harvest a bunch there but I have heard that because of the salinity it freezes almost 20 feet down some winters. Fascinating. Anyways My quest is to just raise a couple of adults and maybe get an egg or two, not for feeding My fish but just so I can see their tiny crowns and happy faces like on the back of My old comics.