What could this hitchhiker be?

Marcin

Hey everyone. So I found this hitchhiker in my tank a month after it has been running. Basically when it closes up it looks exactly like a zoo polyp. It seems to be growing very fast and is very sensitive( I simply walk near the tank and it reacts). Now you may all be thinking its a zoanthid. The thing is it has many tentacles which appear to look almost identical to hammer coral tentacles. It seems that in the very center there are no tentacles. Its coloring is basically almost orange at the tips (hammer shaped tips) and brownish the rest of the way down. The orange coloring is very faint.

Anyone know what I might have here?

Hey everyone. So I found this hitchhiker in my tank a month after it has been running. Basically when it closes up it looks exactly like a zoo polyp. It seems to be growing very fast and is very sensitive( I simply walk near the tank and it reacts). Now you may all be thinking its a zoanthid. The thing is it has many tentacles which appear to look almost identical to hammer coral tentacles. It seems that in the very center there are no tentacles. Its coloring is basically almost orange at the tips (hammer shaped tips) and brownish the rest of the way down. The orange coloring is very faint.

Anyone know what I might have here?

Unfortunately because of the small size of this thing my camera cant focus on it. Or I dont know how to make it focus( I believe I have a pretty good camera 5.0 megapixel)

• 2 months later...

The most common hitchhiker a person can get in their saltwater tank is aptasia (spelling may be wrong). This is a pesky anemone that can spreed like a weed if left unchecked. It will sting your other corals and small fish, so you don't want to let them grow out of control in your tank even if it is fish only. There are a couple of ways to get rid of these guys, even critters that will eat them (easiest way to eliminate). Peppermint shrimp do a great job if you aren't keeping any preditors. Hopefully you figure out what you have shortly. Saltwater tanks are always full of surprises - mostly good though.