Grouphome for disabled cichlids

murmade

Well it's official my tank of "the unwanted and unsellable" is up and running, with 4 inhabitants in 2 days.

4 cichlids

1 Hap lookin guy? - not sure (his head more resembles a hippo than a cichlid)

see pic below.his bottom jaw is off 1/8 of an inch to the right.

1 female Red Empress - head looks like it was crushed as fry then just grew all wrong!

1 Ob red zebra - looks like broken back at young age(tail never grew-very tiny) can't swim with its tail but can really motor with it's pectoral fins.

1 Peacock(electric blue??? ) lookin guy - very little so hard for me to tell, similar warped head to guy in pic but not nearly as bad(he more looks like he's drunk)

all fish seem to be doing really well, eating well, no fights.

The love the space of their new 45 gal. THANKS TED!(see pic)

I can't believe how many I've found in the city....so fast, two stores 4 fish.

One store was really cool about it, and just gave me the fish.

The other store made my pay....not much though just 1.99 each.

Anyway I couldn't be happer with how fast this came together! I just hope I don't find too many more, I'll need more tanks! :wacko:

If anyone spots any more please message me, I'll see if I can give them a home too.

Mugsy(in the pic) is quite entertaining, you can't help but smile when the poor bastard comes to see you!

I'm not totally unselfish though, I do have a 90 gallon with only 3 fish in it.(Those are my fancy-schmancy fish)

see pics in my profile.

Edited by murmade

All creatures great or small are still a life. Nice to see someone cares about them.

Check this link and tell me if it is him. If so,not disabled, just unusual.

http://amazingafricans.netfirms.com/BuffaloHeadPage.html

Sorry...nope, the picture doesn't show it from the side view, but his head is twisted to one side, he can damn near look around corners, his eyes are quite a bit off kilter too.

Nice tank....looks like the water cleared up pretty nice. Guess you didnt try to make a hole in those pots?

and yeah its not a buffalo head, i saw the fish last night and deff not that!

thanks benn, hows the pleco getting along in your tank?

I got too excited during set up to cut the pots! :wacko:

Mugsy's head is a little off but he still looks pretty cool. Nice oscar! Looked at your pictures.

thanks TheGr8Blade from both fish!

i dont know if it was the pleco but something chased my keyhole last night and i found it on the floor this morning :cry: the pleco is awesome though hope he doesnt chase any fish if it was him?

Crap...sorry man, I hope it wasn't the pleco!

damn now I have guilt. -05-

Tonight at feeding time Mugsy started to colour up, he's actually turned yellowish/greeny, instead of the pale blue he was in the pic & at the store.

Kind of a nasty pee colour! :D

• 2 months later...