BlkWolfe

Been itching for ages to get a decent sized reef going. Was almost there with a 90g reef set up in the living room, but things got a little snug, and i couldnt fit in a decent looking canopy/stand to make it fit with the rest of the room. And having a fish tank in almost every room in the house was getting to be a bit much

So a trip down to calgary last weekend netted me a 150 with an overflow that would fit perfectly into a vacant space in the freshwater growout racks. Bigger reef, less work, and a very happy wife since all the tanks are back into the fishroom B)

and now the assembly begins...

post-17-1101509803

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully get most of the rock moved over and aquascaping done tonight. It took me 2 days to rock up a 52g reef i did up for my folks. Ill probably still be screwing with this when everybody drops in on sunday

Soon as i think im finished theres always one rock that looks better somewhere else. im hoping i have the pieces to do an arch across the back

So far on the fish list are a Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis and Cirrhilabrus lineatus, and MAYBE a red sea sailfin tang if i get the need for that token tang . Cleaning crew wont even be arriving until january so fish are still a long ways away. Hoping there might be a Regal Angel in the future for this tank towards the end of summer.

Theres a hollowed out rock about 6 inches deep toward the back complete with a small hole that may end up a home for a yellowhead or blue spotted jawfish as well

I ditched the 175w mogul halides i had for the 90, for some 250w DE's im still on the hunt for. Two housings/reflectors from home depot for 30 bucks were a good start :)

Ive got more of a thing for softies and LPS, but if the sps craze ever arrives they'll have some nice bright ledges up top.

Sure blame me for the design :D You're the dummy who listened to my ramblings :D Looks better now that we can see. Still not liking that curve/hook to the left - but you do so whatever floats yer boat. And get me a darn pic with the right side pod pile to balance things out. And it's still not tall enough :)