BlkWolfe

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got about 99% of the rock moving done.

Picture doesnt really do it justice. Not used to having 28" tall rock piles

got a couple plateau's in the middle island for frags, and its hollow in the top towards the back for fish to hide in during territorial disputes or for new additions

got 4 powerheads tucked away in the left rock wall, one in the middle island and one on the top right for surface disturbance. Added the rest of the sand last night so i wont be enjoying it again for 2 or 3 more days :mad:

ill grab some more pics when its crystal clear

post-17-1101861660

Edited by BlkWolfe

Mmmm not quite what I envisioned... But it's still pretty spiffy - can't say it looks like every other reef tank out there :) I'll have to wait until friday to see it in person!

I do like the balance of that front right pile tho, pulls the eye to a more centered view, rather than just focusing on the left.

Andy, it looks better in person, somehow the pics dont capture the depth those piles create. Hopefully we'll be able to see it by friday.

Cpt, its not horrible to work on. my arms are just long enough i can reach the far rear corners so there isnt anywhere ill have to rely on tongs to get to.

All the powerheads are suctioned onto the glass and dont come into contact with the rockwork or each other. unless an impeller starts to get an imbalance everything feels smooth at the moment. and i can get to all of them with a toothbrush to clear out the intake screens every now and then

just wish that i had bought 1200's instead of 900's...but i had a 90 to begin with...so what ya gonna do

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...