My Aquarium Pics Are Up!!!

Slough Shark

Anyone who has been following any of my threads on my new tank plans knows that I have a tank that is stocked... poorly. Since the purchase (some up to 6 years ago) of these fish, I have been educated and enlightened. Many of the fish will be traded in soon. So here are my pics enjoy! BTW I still am learning about aquarium photography, so the quality isn't great persei.

My tank (quite overcrowded) before the purchase of cories and Silver Dollars.

GreenGravelFullShot.jpg

My Common Goldfish affectionately named Harvey back when a was a wee lad (notice thescales coming off due to stress *slaps himself in the forehead* )

HarveyClearShot.jpg

Got rid of the Fancy Goldfish here, also got rid of the larger ornament to make a bit more space, and added a pair of silver dollars (unfortunately)

BlueGravelFullShot.jpg

A terrible pic of the two silver dollars, quick buggers, tough to get a pic of.

SilverDollars.jpg

Another terrible pic of my favorite fish

WeatherLoach.jpg

There they are, I hope my bad photography doesn't offend you or your morals :P

Edited by Slough Shark

Your photo's are pretty good, the beautiful thing of the digital camera is that you can shoot as many photos as you want with out developing costs and pick your faves. Try different angles, and a back ground behind your tank.

Black background looks good, But can't take a good pic worth a damn, Not much shows up.

I completely disagree with this statement. Both my tanks have black backgrounds and my shots come out just fine. : )

Slough Shark, black is great as a background because it really helps the colors inside the tank "pop" and helps keep the light focused inside. A dark blue is another good choice. Lighter colors can sometimes look cheap or tacky depending on the substrate and other decorations, but I have seen tanks where it worked well. A background that is a picture can make the tank look too busy or unnatural. But go with what you like.

Despite the lost scales, the goldfish actually look like they're in pretty good condition otherwise, no fin rot or body growths. The water in the tank is very clear and there doesn't appear to be an algae problem, so it looks like you've been doing your best to take good care of them, under the circumstances. Some live plants would be nice. : )

Post more shots soon!

looks good. my dad keeps 5 gold fish and two small koi in a 33g tank we do have 75g pond for them in the summer. we have had them for 4 summers now. I have told him to go and get a 100g stock tank from UFA but he wont. the fish are doing fine in the tank though. I will be taking the koi next summer after I build my pond.

Brad